Jagruti's Hair Donation Experience - All About Hair

June 01, 2020

"Be Happy with the Little you have. There are some people with nothing but still manage to smile"

As the above quote, we came across this wonderful person Jagruti who donated her lovely locks for making wigs to Cancer Patients. She is an ordinary person with an extra big heart for being kind to other living beings. 

Presenting you the experience of her Hair Donation in her own words 

"I am Jagruti, an ordinary person with a big heart for animals and social cause. Travelling and Dancing has been my favourite things and big time stress reliever.

If you see me now, you can see the short hair and crazy undercut girl that literally everyone adores. But few months back, I used to have long hair (like every other girl) and I came across with "Hair for Hope" NGO that takes hair donation for cancer awareness and use the donation as free wigs for patients. I didn't give it a second thought and I donated 12 inches of my hair with a smile on my face. It will grow back but that little help will go a long way.

When I thought of donating my hair, I went the same day to Elevation 45 salon in Madhupur, Hyderabad after my office. I went all alone to the salon and asked for the haircut. First the hairdresser cut 12 inches of my hair for donation and while the cut was happening - I had mixed feelings, OMG I chopped it off finally and it's for a good cause. Once the major cut is done and then I thought of what can be done with the remaining. Then the hairdresser only suggested it and he said while making that undercut "I don't get to do this for girls that much and it looks amazing". Also we decided to design it a bit and add that undercut. 

As this is the first time I got an Undercut and it really felt cool 😄. I kept running my hands over the undercut, felt good. I was like "Why should boys have all the fun!!!"

After seeing me in the new hairstyle my family was crazy especially Mom, but when I told them the reason behind the cut, they were very happy. 
I had almost 95% good responses and everyone loved it too.

Below are the compliments I got for both Hair Donation and the Undercut.

Hair donation - We need more people like you, doing things for a good purpose.

Undercut - it suits you and it's made for you...you are rocking the cut.


I would definitely suggest everyone to think about the Hair Donation thing. And it felt really good when people come forward themselves after seeing my post and cut and ask the process of Donation.

Lastly I would like to end this with 

"Look around and see if there's anything you can do to help the Society, People and animals. Every small step is valuable and such small effort from each one makes it big. Also education is important, be aware and informed".










If any of your friends have donated their hair/went for a major transformation, please do share our blog/insta id with them so that we can feature their story with the world. 

For any collaborations/inquiries, please do reach out to us on below Social Media Platforms

Instagram - allaboutthair
Facebook - All About Hair
Email - allabouthairs9@gmail.com.

Regards,
Admin.


You Might Also Like

0 comments