Ritika Sunar Headshave Experience

July 28, 2020

"At some point you just have to decide... to be that WOMAN you have always know you could be..."

As the saying goes, we came across this beautiful and strong soul who has faced many difficulties but never lose hope and control over the things that are happening around. Presenting you the Ritika Sunar from Shillong sharing her personal experience about her head shave. 

Thank you dear for sharing your experience with us and we wish you all good health and wealth.


1. Small intro about you (can include Interests and Hobbies too)?

Born in Shillong and brought up in Bombay.
I love cats a lot. I have been fostering cats all my life. Recently I lost one of my son (cat) to FIP (fatal disease in Feline). It was difficult to digest but he is in a better place now and not suffering. I miss him everyday and it's been 45 days including today.

By profession I am into Tourism/Hospitality industry. I love to dance, trek and bing watch any series that I get hooked onto. I love food and to cook. I like to clean too. There are a lot of elements to me but I guess I have said enough.

2. When and how this idea of hair transformation struck your mind? Any reason/person behind that? How much time you have taken after deciding to go bald?

The hair transformation has been a part of my personality since I turned into teen. My mother been a hairdresser has always given me the best of hair styles and took good care of my hair. 

Getting bald was something in me since I was around 8 or 9 year old. But this time it was completely out of anger, frustration, depression and anxiety. Since past two years life hasn't been that good. Things seemed to drift in a direction I was not able to manage. 

During first 3 month of lockdown I lost my job I stuck in a different city with no friends around my relationship with my boyfriend then was getting in a bad place. I was losing my mind and I needed a way to distract myself from wanting to move forward. 

I decided to go to salon and donate my hair but things did not work out. So I just cut my hair by myself with a pair of scissors and a trimmer. I cried a lot and slept straight for 4 days and then I was back in my shoes.

3. What were your thoughts when you were running scissors in your hair?

To be honest I was like "Are you sure you wanna do this?" By the time I was through with the sentence I had already cut a big chunk of hair that too in the front of my head and was in tears. It was interesting though.

4. Is this the first time you went bald? How did you feel when the last chunk was separated from your head?

I went bald as a kid, I guess when I was 5 for a whole good year. I caught an infection because of which I used to have blisters and boils all over my head all the time. So making sure NO HAIR for an year was religious to my Mother.

By the time last chunk was separated from my head, first thought was "Challo aab shampoo aur Conditioner ke paisa bach gaya..." And second thought was my friends are gonna kill me because I had beautiful hair, straight smooth and silky. It was a big part of my Personality.

5. Do you still remember the picture of how your room was, after all the cutting has completed?

I laid newspaper infront of my dressing table. It was so emotional to look down as I could see so much of hair on the floor. I must have looked down on the floor and into the mirror for atleast 30 times and repeated "You really did it Ritika..." and cried a lot. Hahaha!!! God what an experience it was!!!

For a month, everytime I looked myself in the mirror I got goosebumps. Also I realised that how many scar tissues I had because of the disease I had as a child.

6. Any thoughts while you are holding trimmer in your hands?

I cut some chunks of my hair as I wanted to donate them. When I went ahead with the trimmer to even it "No looking back now. It's done dear". 

7. What was your feeling when you saw yourself in the mirror for the first time without hair?

I was never a girly girl. I never cared about people's thoughts of how I look and what people think about me. As long as I am comfortable, I'll do what I want to. The second I was done cleaning up, I took bath and I looked in the mirror. It was totally a different feeling . I saw scars, I saw my eyes and I felt how amazing I am. I thought of how I was gonna do better now and overall it was an amazing experience.

I was as usual just trying to clean up the excess hair. 

8. Best compliments and comments you got? Reactions from your near/dear ones and Social media friends?

Best compliment was "You look amazing and you can really play with your look". 

My cousin sister and Cousin brother said "You look so hot" even am considering now. Hahaha!!!

My brother shaved his head the very next day after watching me in my new look. He looks cute in the new look and I love him.

9. Pros and Cons of going bald (if you find any)?

Pros are many but the most important con is "you may start feeling uncomfortable". But when you start feeling uncomfortable when you look at the mirror, remember you are all in your glorious form. This is the best you have ever looked.

10. Will you recommend/suggest going bald to others (if they are willing to and don't have the courage to take the next step)?

It was an amazing experience. I suggest every female living on this planet must go through this experience. It gives you so much confidence for you and also for people around you.

11. Anything you would like to add?

I would like to say 

"Live in your own terms, accept yourself for what you are. Adopt the cats and dogs/other beings on our street because they need home in this present situation we are in. Help them because if they don't exist, we will lose a big part of all our lives. We are sent to take care of this planet and the beings that are living on it. Protect it and leave a better place for the future generations.


Before/After Pics :









You Might Also Like

0 comments