Meghana went BALD for Cancer Patients - Hair Donation Experience

August 14, 2021

"Those who are the happiest are those who do the most for others..."

-- Booker T. Washington 

We came across this beautiful soul who completely shaved off her hair and donated it to cancer patients. We are delighted to share her hair donation experience to you all and here we introduce Meghana from Vishakapatnam.

Hair Donation Experience in her Own Words :

"My name is Meghana. I'm from Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh. I'm a student from Andhra University and I volunteer with the Art of LivingI've read about this hair donation for cancer patients on social media and the idea really fascinated me and I was determined to be a part of it. 

It took a while for me to convince people at home as there were restrictions. I could only convince them for a hair cut but later on since I don't have veryyy long hair. I felt what Is the point of giving half of my hair and keeping the other half when the motto was to donate for a cause . So that's when I have decided to get it shaved and went ahead with it. My parents were very surprised and shocked to see me in this new look.  Before going, I told them that I was willing to give my full hair. But my mom said that I don't have the guts to go for a full shave. But when I got it done and came home, they were amazed and proud.

I have got my head shaved in Naturals Salon, Vizag as per the instructions given by Chennai Hair Donation. My brother accompanied me and was pulling my leg all the time. When I asked the hairstylist for the shave in the saloon, they were shocked and started wondering if I was in my senses for asking to do a complete shave. I still remember the expression on their faces and their eyes were wide open in shock. But later they were very supportive and they had captured the entire shave in a video which is to be treasured for a life time. 

Though this is not the first time I’m being bald, as I got shaved in my childhood but never after growing up. As a college going girl , I had my doubts about how I would face my peers.

Would it be awkward?

Would I be able to take it or not?

These were the thoughts that were running in my mind until the trimmer touched my head and after the first few strands of hair came off from my head, I felt confident that I will be able to do it. I wasn't sure of the exact length of my hair prior to the donation but minimum requirement is 12 inches and I fit into that. When the hair is being shaved, different emotions were running in my mind on how it would be after all the hair is removed. Also this was such a huge change for me and there was fear, 
ecstasy and a mixed feeling but it all made me stronger for sure.

When the razor was moving on my head, at first it was weird and ticklish. I was so scared that I might bleed but glad that didn't happen. It was a very smooth experience and a friend of mine was supporting me all the while on chat. He kept telling how proud he was and all those kind/supportive words definitely helped me to face the tension.

I never disclosed this to anyone and I sent my bald pic to few close friends and cousins and the rest were startled when they saw me. Overall this was an amazing experience and this made me lot more stronger and gave me immense happiness. 

If you are willing to go bald but don't have the courage to take the next step, I'll definitely recommend to take that leap and that leap makes one a lot more stronger".

Before and After Pics















You Might Also Like

0 comments