Beautiful Assam Girl - Akanksha Hair Donation Experience

August 02, 2020

Confidence is not "They will like me". Confidence is "I'll be fine if they don't"

These lines perfectly defines the beauty of this wonderful soul we came across on instagram - Akanksha.  

When our thoughts are Pure, our actions will follow. Likewise, she always wanted to do something for the society and as a part of that she started out with a baby step by going bald and donated her hair for making wigs to Cancer Patients. She was very excited about her new look and you should read the experience in her own words.

"I am Akanksha Majumder, born and raised in Assam. Most of my education was done there. I recently graduated from Manipal University as a Liberal Arts student. I have always been inclined towards art, designing and Cycling. Basically anything creative. I love to spend my free time by travelling or sitting in my balcony with a cup of black coffee and drawing various art forms. 
Apart from that I keep keen interest in towards working for the society and uplifting them towards change. 

I think "You really grow as a person when you step out of your homes and experience the world". Something similar happened to me during my Undergraduation. I was reading more about Cancer and the statistics of it in India. It is increasing year by year which is affecting me and I really wanted to do my bit. 3 instances have had major impact on me. 

1. First was my ex boyfriend father being passed away due to cancer. 
2. My own Uncle getting diagnosed with cancer. 
3. One of my close friend is actually working for this cause. 

That's when it struck me, I can't be sitting ideal and I should have to start from something and maybe Hair Donation could be a baby step towards the larger cause.

I shaved off my hair on 22nd June 2020, in a Salon in Agartala as I was staying there by then. Though it was it my mind since long but I spent a year to reach the perfect length and then completely shaved it off. This is the first time I went bald and I informed to my parents that I am wanting to do it as it's my hair. My Mom and her sister was very supportive and the happiest thing is my Mom accompanied me to the Salon as she was very excited and kept taking videos of the entire process. 

My hair length was roughly around 13 inches long and I donated hair to hair.for.hope based out of Kerala. I couriered my hair to their Address.  

I was quite pumped up for the whole process and was not actually giving it too much thought because I knew I could back out. While I was entering the salon and when the whole process was going on, I was little scared on how would I look and what people would think after seeing me in bald look. But at the same time that was one look I wanted to see myself from so long. 

"I wanted to feel even for a milli second how a cancer fighter feels when she see herself in a bald look..."

When I asked hairdresser for the shave, he was very scared and he asked me twice if that is what I really wanted to do. As per the instructions from Hair Donation team, my hair was parted into small ponytails and then used the trimmer to take most of the hair. Later he used straight edged razor to take out the last few strands of hair from my head.

I remember one funny incident while I was getting shaved. All the stylists in the parlor were glued to see my new and bold look. And when the first strand of hair went down my Mom said "Hai Ram..." Listening to her statement I broke out and started laughing out loud. Throughout the whole process her expressions were giving me a different sort of Joy. 

When the last strand of hair was removed from my head I was like finally my dream has come true. This is the look I was wanting for from so long and was damn happy at that moment. Looking at myself in the mirror with bald look "I was overwhelmed but at the same time I felt very confident, Bold and Hot..."

I was actually scared when listening to the trimmer's sound and when the trimmer was running on  my head, I felt like I was getting a tattoo done. In one word I can say this as "One of the most beautiful and Memorable Experiences of my Life..."

Immediately after the shave was done, I called my bestie and wanted to capture their reaction after seeing me in the new avatar as they knew I was going bald. They were really proud and excited to see my journey forward. After the shave, I kept on rubbing my head for the first couple of days.

Pros of being bald 

"You get to break a lot of Stereotypes and Judgements. You could relive the face of yours as a kid (when you went bald). Also a different experience".

Coming to the Cons - I didn't find any.

One of the best compliments I got - "You look like a Model just gonna walk the Ramp".

After seeing me in new Bald and Bold Look - Relatives were very surprised and they kept asking me so many questions like "Why and When? They were not so happy about my shave". Social Media Family was very proud and I got a lot of compliments and many told that they don't have the guts to do it ever. 

I strongly recommend going bald if someone is willing to do but don't have the courage to take the next step. I feel it as stepping out of the Comfort zone and also gives you the courage to try and do new things. It fills you with a sense of Confidence". 

Thank you dear for sharing this beautiful experience with us!!! 

If you or any of your friends are willing to share their Hair Donation/Hair Transformation experience, do let us know or you can contact us on our Social Media Platforms.

Gmail - allabouthairs9@gmail.com
Instagram - @allaboutthair
Facebook - www.fb.com/allabothair

Before and After Pics :















You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. If you've ever had to shave your head by Electric Head Shaver, you know that it can take a lot of time and effort. The hair is hard to cut and can get in the way of the razor. With the Head Shaver, you won't have to worry about nicks or cuts because it does it for you! Simply place your head in the device and let it do its thing.

    ReplyDelete