Life Changing Experience - Kusum Hair Donation Experience

July 16, 2018

Sometimes certain situations have a great impact in our lives. One such situation made this lovely lady move towards donating her hair for this great cause and she is ready for her 2nd donation too. Kusum, a Kindergarten teacher from Doha, Qatar who loves Writing and Art donated her hair for cancer patients through Hair for Hope - India.

Our team approached her to know the story behind her hair donation. Please go through her experience in her own words.




I live in Doha, Qatar with my family. My mom was diagnosed with breast cancer in January 2014, she started chemotherapy immediately after being diagnosed and lost her hair within a week of it. When buying a wig for her we realized the difference between a synthetic hair wig and real hair wig. The difference was in the look and in the price as well. The lady who sold wigs mentioned that sometimes family members give their hair and a wig is made with it. This reduces the cost of the wig considerably.

I had just cut my hair a month or two ago and didn’t have enough length for making the wig. We were fortunate enough to afford all the expenses that came with the cancer,but it made me wonder how women who could barely afford the treatment  would be able to afford a wig. That was when I decided if not for my mom I would donate it for someone else fighting the same fight. So I grew it and donated it once in September of 2015 and I’m ready for my second donation now.

I got my hair cut in Doha,Qatar and then sent it to Hair for Hope - India organization. My mom was immensely proud of me.

The best compliment I got about the hair donation is

"My then 7 yr old son-was very attached to my hair,it’s a odd habit but he wouldn’t sleep without clutching on to my hair. When he saw me with the short hair he held on to the cut hair and said ‘it’s OK mom give it away,this will make someone really happy’".


You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Urgent need female for egg donation with the sum of $500,000.00 3 crore,Email: jainhospitalcare@gmail.com
    whatsapp +91 9945317569

    ReplyDelete