Poorna aka Shamna Kasim shaved her tresses for Kodiveeran

December 24, 2017

Shamna Kasim bids goodbye to her lovely long hair for the movie Kodiveeran. Shamna Kasim is popularly known as Poorna in Tamil and Telugu industry. She has gone for an extra mile to add authenticity to her character for the tamil movie Kodiveeran, directed by Muthu Kumar.

The movie got released on Dec 7 and it has got very good response, especially her character has got a good fame both from film experts and the audience. Bald is just a four-letter word on paper. But to achieve that look, Shamna went through a lot of soul searching and gut-wrenching moments. It took her one whole day to take a decision to do away with her tresses in order to portray the strong woman that she played in the film.

She explains "The character demands this look and I decided to got for it. It has been ten years since I stepped into the industry and I have done a lot of song and dance and romantic films. I wanted to do something different and this character came along. Though I didn't reveal too much about my character, I knew that only if I went totally bald could justify my character. When I committed myself to play the role, I thought it was very challenging but I was also apprehensive about how I look, as in whether the shaved look would suit me".

It was not easy as D-day for her change in look approached. She started having doubts and the apprehensions of people close to her did not help either. She narrates "On D-day, everyone including my co-stars and director was silent and glum-looking. The moment the blade touched my hair, I broke down and looked away from the mirror. I did not see my face till it was over. But I have become comfortable now.  My parents worried more than me and my mother didn't want me to do this role and since my parents are hunting a groom for me and I thought this was a great opportunity to put a spoke in the groom-hunting wheels".

Please find her before and after look in the below pics.

Source - Instagram
























You Might Also Like

0 comments