I have my Own Style - Hair Donation experience of Vaishali

July 26, 2018

Vaishali S from Tamil Nadu - Brave Lady shaved off her hair and donated it to the cancer patients. Our team got a chance to interview her and you will fall in love with her bold experience. Please go through below.

Follow her on Instagram at 

https://www.instagram.com/mysaree_mydress_mystory/

1. Small Intro About You?

I am Vaishali. S, Assistant Professor. Right from my school days, I have been known for doing things which are not common for our society. I was an complete atheist at that time, now I am believer of a supreme power ,positive thoughts, positive vibrations and karma. My friends and classmates from school, college used to admire my actions, my way of life, my outspoken attitude but I was deemed a outcast by the family. Though I used to get a lot of scoldings, I managed to convince them that this is my way of life. So doing something out of the box was never a new thing for me. I love to be different and have never been indifferent to anyone.

2. When and how this idea of going bald struck your mind? Any particular person/incident inspired you??

In the year 2015, I wanted to donate my hair for cancer survivors. So I decided to donate on Feb 4th, 2018 but unfortunately I could not find the right group to donate it. I cannot distinctly remember how and why the idea struck me. I was not inspired by anybody. I, actually, wanted to be an inspiration for many. Since my friends admired me, I thought why not do this as an out of the box thing. Going bald in my circle of people is a bad thing. Going bald means only 2 things - death of close person or giving it as a return gift to god (more of a bribery which I dont like). When I was mentioning about shaving my hear in 2015 my colleagues were thinking I was joking and were seriously advising me on not to it. I also postponed my shaving since there was birthday coming, a wedding in the near future, a vacation on the way. I wanted to look picture perfect in the photos thats why the silly reasons which I told myself. 

3. How much time you have taken for making up your mind for going bald?

Post Pregnancy I was having heavy hair loss due to low oestrogen levels and took a sudden decision. Never asked for permission even from my husband. Informed my parents and husband the day before and shaved the next day. Had I taken time to do it, I would have definitely changed my mind. 

4. Where did you got your head shave and Who accompanied you?

The person from the organisation generally do the shaving at the parlor but upon my request (since I have small baby), they accepted to do the shave at the convenience of my home. None accompanied me except for my sleeping baby at the time of shaving. 

5. How do you feel at the time of the shave and what’s your reaction after looking yourself in the mirror (for the first time after going bald) ?

All the while I used to look at myself in the mirror with my hair completely tied back, but that was not satisfactory since I could see black color on my head. So I used to look at my shadow and wonder how I might look after going bald. I really could not believe the person had come home to do the shave. I did not believe the reality until I was completely bald. Initially the extras were removed using the trimmer and I was suddenly taken back to my childhood when my granddad used trimmer to give me a hair cut when I was 10 years old. That sensitive feeling at the nape made me laugh. Even during the trimming session, I was apprehensive about going bald but I had already given my head and there was no turning back. I could manage to take few selfies during the process. Before the last stroke of the razor I took a selfie and felt that the bald look actually suited me and I looked beautiful. Being beautiful has always been judged by our appearances in this world, so I was little happy. But when I thought about the greater cause of donating it for the cancer survivors especially little children I felt beautiful on the inside and did not care what the world might say about my bald look. For once, I finally felt beautiful on the inside and outside. I felt liberated, refreshed, positive and had a whole new perspective towards my problems.

6. What is the best compliment you got after going bald (n bold)?

Post shave when I posted my pics on the social media, I received many compliments and did not get a single negative comment or body shaming. I was actually told that I looked more beautiful in my bald look. Whenever a good deed is done for the greater cause, the society appreciates. Had I given the hair at a temple, I am pretty sure I would have received some negative comments about my look. " Beauty Lies In The Actions, Not In The Looks".


7. What was your parents and friends reaction?

Mom - did not comment anything so far, except she told why did you do it on a Friday. I told her to do any good deeds, any day any time is a good day good time. 
Dad - That I look like a Buddhist monk.
Bro - A Hollywood actress.
Husband - anything and everything suits you.
Friends - All were shocked. Received comments such a bold, brave, unique, always different, I am still myself right from school days (something which I am very proud of - maintaining myself for all these years)


8. Anything more you wanna say/add [like a message so that some one can get inspired with your words]???

Do something for a the society even if it is the tiniest deed. Something which you will be proud of in your death bed. Good Karma will follow you even after your death.

Before and After Pics




In the process of getting shaved
During the Last Stroke














You Might Also Like

0 comments