Good Girls gone bald

October 22, 2017

Manisha hailing from Andhra Pradesh shaved her head twice in her life. Once in a temple along with her parents and cousins and the other time she did for a cause by donating her hair to cancer patients. She was having chest length hair before she got her hair shaved. As everyone will be having questions on why she did that. Listen the answer in her own words

"I did it to prove that it wasn’t a big deal, after I saw the negative reactions towards just the idea of her shaving her head. I started touching my (chest length) hair. The man wet my hair, bent my head forward, and began shaving it from the area around my neck. My eyes were shut tightly. I was holding back tears, without really knowing why. Slowly, I thought of all the stigma and stereotypes that were engrained in me, making me believe that a dead part is crucial to who I am. I remember telling myself that I will let go of all that burden with the hair that I was losing. It wasn’t easy. I didn’t look at myself (reflection) for a few hours. But I never regretted the decision.”










You Might Also Like

0 comments