Indian Girl shave her head for a Cause

January 28, 2017

Now a days many of the girls are doing their best to do something from their end for a good cause. As a part of it, they are losing their lovely locks. One of our Indian girl, Naina Ragnekar also shaved her head or the St.Baldrick's event and raised around 780$ with the support of her family and friends.



Below is from her own Words - 

"I shaved to raise money for childhood cancer research

My Name is Naina Rangnekar and this is something that I've wanted to do my whole life but i never thought I would have the courage to go through with it. When i was in middle school my best friend's mother had Ovarian Cancer and shortly passed away during the start of high school. All throughout high school my life had been affected by many people around me who had gone through the trauma of cancer. After joining Chi Omega I came to a realization that it's the small things in life that matter. Shaving my head and raising money could be that small thing that someone else needs (especially through donations) and i want to help our community and world as much as possible. Please please donate and Spread the word!"

Her experience from one of the Blog

The crowd cheered when University of Colorado sophomore Naina Rangnekar sat down in a chair, facing the crowd. Rangnekar has big eyes, olive skin and beautiful dark hair that goes past her shoulders — and she cut all of it off.
As the electric razor buzzed her to near-total baldness and big locks of her hair were passed around the crowd, one of her Chi Omega sorority sisters in the crowd yelled, "Naina why are you still so hot?!"
"Why am I doing this right now," she replied, laughing. "Hashtag reality check!"
Naina was one of more than 100 who gained a crew cut on Wednesday during the St. Baldrick's Foundation Fundraiser, an event that has been taking place since 2005 on the CU campus.
Rangnekar, who raised $780, said her friends and family were supportive, but her boyfriend tried to convince her not to do it at the last minute. "As he was stroking my hair, he was like, 'I'll buy you a dog,'" she said.
"Yeah, he tried to bribe me with a dog."
Her boyfriend ended up shaving his head with her.
Rangnekar shaved her head as part of a New-Year's Resolution that was inspired by the event. "My New Year's resolution was to find myself," she said. "A lot of things about image don't really matter in this world — hair clothes. It doesn't change who you are. I wanted to show everyone that. My hair doesn't define me."






You Might Also Like

0 comments