Anaitha Nair - Bald Head for Aashayein movie

December 22, 2016

Anaitha Nair who was well known for her role in Chak-De Hindi movie has shaved her head for the role for Aashayein movie. She has long lustrous hair before the movie. She played a cancer patient in the Aashayein movie where she underwent bald. It's obviously a hard choice to make such a decision as an upcoming actor. But she was so satisfied with that decision.

You can see in her own words.

"Career wise, I had shaved my head a month before Chak De! released. I declined a lot of work because I was bald. Also, some of them were unheard banners. Some were good offers but I was hesitant of pulling off the 'bold' requirements of the characters. And some were irrelevant roles that didn't interest me. If I had accepted those offers, I would be doing similar roles for the rest of my life. I regret losing out on some great films but I am hopeful of getting better work after Nagesh Kukunoor's Aashayein releases."

What's her role in the Aashayein movie?


"I play a cancer patient, who is obnoxious, bitter and who loves pulling people down. But she also has a nice side to her."


How she felt shaving her head for the 2nd film itself?


Getting my head tonsured for Aashayein was not an easy decision. I took a lot of time before I finally agreed. I have great respect for Nagesh and his idea of filmmaking. I asked him if we could do with a bald cap but he thought it would look artificial. Moreover, there had to be a reason for a sensible filmmaker like Nagesh to ask me to shave off my head. So after a couple of months of mulling over it, I finally said yes. 


Source from the Rediff.com -

Link - http://www.rediff.com/movies/2008/sep/16an.htm












You Might Also Like

0 comments